St. Eugene de Mazenod reviews the Rule in the place where he wrote it in the countryside of Provence.
“You have from the first day we came together grasped the spirit which must animate us and which we must communicate to others.”
– St. Eugene de Mazenod
Starting in the Spring of 2018, Oblate School of Theology’s Master of Arts in Spirituality will offer an asynchronous online course, “Founders, Charisms, and their Expression in Constitutions and Rules.” The course is designed for members of institutes of consecrated life and for their associates who participate in the charism and mission of the institute. It explores the foundation event, and how the people involved in it discerned a charism of the Holy Spirit, which was expressed in a Rule of Life.
This course forms part of the Certificate in Oblate Studies curriculum, consequently, the experience of St Eugene de Mazenod, founder of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, and his charism and tradition will be used to illustrate the class – but always with the invitation to all participants to apply the material to their own institutes of consecrated life. As some of the students will be lay associates, some of the material will be adapted to their needs and situation.
The course will be taught from January 22 to April 16, 2018, by Father Frank Santucci OMI, STD, Kusenberger Professor of Oblate Studies at Oblate School of Theology.
- Credit students: Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Audit students: No required prerequisites but Bachelor degree from an accredited institution preferred. Auditors are expected to attend class sessions (in this case, asynchronous sessions) and keep up with the assigned readings, but are not required to take examinations or fulfill other course requirements. Courses taken for audit cannot be counted for credit at a later time. A transcript record of student’s participation in the course is kept by OST.
- Enrichment students: No prerequisites and no permanent record is kept of the student’s participation in the course. Students are encouraged to attend class sessions (in this case, asynchronous sessions) and keep up with the assigned readings but will not take examinations or fulfill other course requirements.
Tuition and Fees
- Master’s level – $605 per credit hour
- Audit (online) – $305 per credit hour
- Enrichment (online) – $540 (flat fee) per course
- Application fee – $65 (one-time)
- Registration fee – $50 (per semester)
- Comprehensive fee – $220 ( 1-5 credit hrs) $335 (5 or more credit hrs)
Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate outside of the USA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of scholarships.
For admissions and tuition information regarding any program, please contact the Registrar.
(210) 341-1366 EXT 212 or email@example.com